Describe an intelligent person you know – một trong những đề bài IELTS Speaking thuộc chủ đề “Describe a person”. Nhìn sơ qua, chủ đề này vô cùng quen thuộc đối với các thí sinh đang ôn luyện thi tại nhà. Để chinh phục được band điểm cao và xử đẹp dạng bài này các thí sinh cần biết cách sử dụng từ vựng ăn điểm, ứng dụng cấu trúc ngữ pháp linh hoạt,… Trong bài viết dưới đây là bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 + 3 chủ đề Describe an intelligent person you know, hãy cùng tham khảo nhé!
- I. Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 chủ đề Describe an intelligent person you know
- II. Câu trả lời mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 3: Intelligent
- 1. What could parents do to help their children to become smarter?
- 2. What kind of job do you think requires workers to be very intelligent?
- 3. Do you think artiﬁcial intelligence will take over humans in the future?
- 4. Does technology make our life become better or worse?
- 5. Is it easy to teach old people to learn how to use modern technology?
I. Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 chủ đề Describe an intelligent person you know
1. Đề bài
Describe an intelligent person you know:
2. Sample Speaking Part 2: Describe an intelligent person you know
Tham khảo bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 chủ đề: Describe an intelligent person you know dưới đây để học luyện thi IELTS Speaking hiệu quả tại nhà, chinh phục được band điểm thật cao trong kỳ thi thực chiến nhé!
Well, I have had the chance to meet a whole bunch of creative individuals in my entire life, but given the chance to talk about the one whose work I really look up to, I would love to share with you about Mr. Dzung, one of my lecturers in my master’s program.
Specifically, he teaches Financial Markets and Institutions, one of the most important subjects this semester. You may think, how come a teacher of finance-related subjects, which involve loads of statistically complicated issues, can exude creativity in their work? But I gotta tell you, from what I’ve seen, he has got an innovative teaching approach that every student can get hooked on.
The first thing that springs to my mind about this wonderful teacher is his storytelling ability, which sets him apart from the others. Conventionally, other lecturers tend to present solely based on the slides that they have already prepared before. However, Mr. Dzung only considers his slides a supporting assistant. He always tries to integrate a relatable story about the market with specific cases into his lessons so that his students can have a more comprehensive understanding of the knowledge. Every story he tells is well thought out and unique in its own way, which we can’t get enough of.
What makes me, and my peers adore him, even more, is the practical experience that he brings into his class. There are no traditional tests in which we have to stick to our seats for nearly an hour. Instead, we have the opportunity to attend mock trading sessions, where we have to make our own decisions about whether, and when to buy or sell our financial assets. Every time we sit for this kind of exam, we get the feeling of being real traders, and it seems that we have found the motivation to study and pursue this career path.
All in all, it is such a blessing to be one of his students this semester, and I cannot wait for what this creative genius has up his sleeve in future classes.
Từ vựng trong bài mẫu Describe an intelligent person you know:
- Exude creativity (phrase): có rất nhiều sự sáng tạo
- Get hooked on something (phrase): đam mê khó bỏ
- Conventionally (adverb): một cách truyền thống
- Integrate something into something else (phrase): đưa/mang điều gì vào trong một điều khác
- Comprehensive (a): toàn diện
- Well thought out (phrase): được chuẩn bị, lên kế hoạch một cách kỹ lưỡng
- Can’t get enough of (phrase): yêu/thích thú cái gì quá mức đến không có điểm dừng
- Peer (n): người đồng trang lứa
- Mock trading session (phrase): phiên giao dịch giả định
- Financial asset (phrase): tài sản tài chính
- Blessing (n): điều tuyệt vời, phúc
- Have something up one’s sleeve (idiom): có mánh/có ý tưởng, kế hoạch bí mật chưa tiết lộ
Tham khảo thêm bài viết:
II. Câu trả lời mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 3: Intelligent
1. What could parents do to help their children to become smarter?
There are a multitude of techniques that parents can apply, really. I am no expert, but it seems there is a common belief that music and frequent exercise help with the cognitive development of young children.
This is why you see lots of juveniles learning to play the piano or saxophone, for instance, or participate in sports clubs from a young age. Making sure that the kids follow a well-balanced diet and healthy sleep cycles is also critical in nurturing intelligence, though these may not be many parents’ top concerns.
- a multitude of: rất nhiều
- expert (n): chuyên gia
- cognitive development (n): phát triển trí não
- juveniles (n): trẻ em
- well-balanced diet (n): chế độ ăn cân bằng
- healthy sleep cycles (n): chu kỳ giấc ngủ khỏe mạnh
- critical (n): quan trọng
- top concerns (n): mối quan tâm hàng đầu
2. What kind of job do you think requires workers to be very intelligent?
Intelligence is an important factor in any profession, so I am not sure if it would be fair to declare what jobs demand this virtue more than normal. Hmmm, if I have to give an answer, I might go with lawyers, since they generally have to be very sharp and master critical thinking to do their tasks well. Doctors and surgeons who have to be incredibly knowledgeable about the human body and make quick decisions under stressful conditions also need to be smart.
- factor (n): nhân tố
- declare (v): tuyên bố
- critical thinking (n): tư duy phản biện
- surgeon (n): bác sĩ phẫu thuật
3. Do you think artiﬁcial intelligence will take over humans in the future?
Highly unlikely. Humans has this inherent fear of machines, and the rapid progress of AI may worsen the concerns related to a future where AI decides to wipe out humanity once and for all. However, AI’s technological development is by no means at the level where this worst-case scenario could become a feasible reality.
Therefore, in my opinion, an AI takeover is probably the last matter people should be bothered with, especially amidst an era with so many other more pressing issues, such as global warming.
- inherent (a): vốn có, cố hữu
- wipe out (v): loại bỏ hoàn toàn
- by no means: không hề
- worst-case scenario (n): tình huống xấu nhất
- feasible (a): khả thi
- takeover (n): giành quyền xâm chiếm
- be bothered with (v): bận tâm, lo lắng, băn khoăn
- amidst: giữa (khoảng thời gian)
4. Does technology make our life become better or worse?
Technology is a double edged sword, so I would say a little bit of both? Yes, technology can make people become lazier and less abled when it comes to daily tasks and skills. Yet, it enables us to reach heights we never deem possible. For the first time, humans have managed to explore faraway spaces and step into a never before seen era of prosperity. Technology has facilitated communication, transportation and work, which only a fool would deny.
- double edged sword (n): con dao hai lưỡi
- enable (v): tạo điều kiện
- deem (v): cho rằng
- prosperity (n): sự thịnh vượng
- facilitate (v): làm cho thuận tiện
5. Is it easy to teach old people to learn how to use modern technology?
I don’t consider this a mission impossible, but it can be quite challenging, honestly. Since the elders are more accustomed to very different methods of doing things, they may encounter difficulty understanding the way of modern technology, despite having been shown how.
Therefore, when we teach old people the new technology, it might be wiser to keep the wording of the instructions simple and straightforward, and also show slow demonstrations. Some families have also kept notes of instructions near the device, an idea that I believe should be adopted more.
- mission impossible (n): nhiệm vụ bất khả thi
- accustomed to (v): quen thuộc
- encounter (v): gặp phải
- wording (n): cách dùng từ
- demonstration (n): làm mẫu
Trên đây là bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 + 3 chủ đề Describe an intelligent person you know. PREP.VN chúc bạn học luyện thi hiệu quả và chinh phục được band điểm Speaking thật cao nhé!